Sony Unveils the next Generation α6400 Mirrorless Camera
Sony has unveiled an addition to its E-mount mirrorless camera range, the new α6400 mirrorless camera. The α6400 takes much of Sony’s advanced technologies from their full-frame mirrorless series to this compact, lightweight APS-C camera.
- World’s Fastest autofocus [AF] with 425 phase and contrast detection
- AF points cover [approx] 84% of image area
- Advanced real-time Eye AF
- New real-time tracking for object tracking
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor™ CMOS image sensor and latest-generation BIONZ X™ image processor
- 180-degree fully tiltable LCD touch screen for selfies
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to 11fps mechanical shutter / 8fps silent shooting with continuous AF/AE tracking
- High-resolution 4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel dumping, plus advanced AF speed and stability
- Interval recording for time-lapse videos
The new camera suggests the possession of the world’s quickest AF speed of just 0.02 seconds, along with the new advanced ‘Real-time Eye AF’ and ‘Real-time Tracking’ abilities. Those opting for the new camera can expect to shoot at [up to] 11 fps with AF/AE tracking, a new-generation BIONZ X image processing engine that promises excellent image quality, 4K video recording, a 180-degree fully tiltable LCD touch screen and a whole lot more.
These are all attributes that should appeal to all types of image makers, ranging from pro- stills shooters to everyday vloggers.
Pricing and Availability
The α6400 is expected to ship in the UK this February and will cost approximately £950.
It will also be offered as a kit with the SELP1650 lens priced at around £1,000 – or in an alternative kit with the SEL18135 lens, which will cost approximately £1,300.
We plan to get hands-on this new compact mirrorless camera for a full review. Till then, for more info, head to Sony’s website for full tech specs and take a look at their own intro video below: