Samsung Announces the Powerful & Multifunctional Galaxy Note9 with Most Intelligent Camera to Date
Promising day-long performance, a brand-new S Pen and intelligent camera, the new Galaxy Note9 lands with performance at its forefront
announced the latest addition to its premium Note series with Galaxy Note9. The Note series has a history of including the company’s latest innovations, and the Galaxy Note9 builds on this as a premium smartphone that promises the ultimate experience in performance; a new S Pen [with connectivity] for the first time; and Samsung’s most intelligent camera to date.
Of course, it’s this Intelligent Camera housed in the new Note9 that’s of major interest to us here at PhotoBite. The Galaxy Note9 grows Samsung’s camera technologies with all-new capabilities that promise to take the work out of getting a perfect picture. Our forthcoming testing will reveal the true capabilities of this.
The camera includes:
- Premium Camera: A combination of intelligence features and premium hardware in the Galaxy Note9’s camera are being presented by Samsung as the best in the current market. It comes with advanced noise reduction technology, and a Dual Aperture lens, which adjusts to light in the way that the human eye does.
- Scene Optimiser: The Galaxy Note9’s camera uses artificial intelligence [AI] to identify elements of a potential photograph, such as a scene or subject, to automatically sort into one of 20 categories, immediately optimising its settings based on the chosen category.
- Flaw Detection: If your first shot doesn’t turn out right, the Galaxy Note9 alert users to inform them that there’s something amiss so that they can quickly take another picture. An immediate notification will appear if the image is blurry, the subject blinked, there is a smudge on the lens, or there’s backlight impacting the quality of the image.
An immediate notification will appear if the image is blurry, the subject blinked, there is a smudge on the lens, or there’s backlight impacting the quality of the image.
DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics, said: “The Note has always been our showcase for premium technology and industry-defining innovation, and Galaxy Note9 is no exception. It’s designed for a level of performance, power and intelligence that today’s power users want and need. Note fans are Samsung’s most loyal; we know they want it all, to get the most out of work and play, and Galaxy Note9 is the only phone that can keep up with their busy lives.”
All Day Performance
A phone with a battery that can keep up with busy lifestyles without having to find the nearest plug is a must nowadays. Battery packs are impressive, but most people would prefer to leave it behind where possible.
Along with great storage options, the new Galaxy Note9 promises.
- All Day Battery: Galaxy Note9’s 4,000mAh battery, the largest ever on a flagship Galaxy phone for long-lasting power to use all-day to talk, text, play games and watch movies from morning to night.
- Store More, Delete Less: Galaxy Note9 is available with two internal storage options. Take 128GB with the ability to insert a microSD card, and the Galaxy Note9 is pumped to 1TB. Plenty of room for most users pictures, video and regular apps, etc.
- Speed and Power: Galaxy Note9 is a powerful smartphone with cutting-edge 10nm processor, up to 8GB RAM, and support for the fastest network speeds available in the market [up to 1.2 gigabits per second] to stream and download without slowing down. Galaxy Note9 also includes an industry-leading and Samsung developed Water Carbon Cooling system and on-device AI-based performance adjusting algorithm to deliver the powerful yet stable performance.
The Evolution of the S Pen
Now including Bluetooth Low-Energy [BLE] support, the new S Pen delivers an entirely new way to use the Note9. With a click, it’s now possible to take selfies and group pictures, present slides, pause and play video, and more. Developers will also be able to integrate the S Pen’s new, advanced BLE functionalities into their apps later on this year.
Galaxy Note9 also promises a PC-like experience with its proprietary Samsung DeX interface. Users can allegedl now work on presentations, edit photos, and watch TV shows via their phone. The DeX comes with HDMI adapters for ease of use and when connected to a monitor, Galaxy Note9 suggests that it can power a virtualised desktop and serve as a fully-functional second screen!
Take notes with the S Pen while watching a video, or use Galaxy Note9 as a trackpad, to right-click, drag and drop, and use multiple windows on a monitor.
Display & audio
The Note9’s infinity display is a familiar feature in Samsung’s smartphone design, and Galaxy Note9 has the largest edge-to-edge display ever on a Note. The 6.4-inch Super AMOLED Infinity Display delivers an immersive experience, which is complemented by stereo speakers, tuned by AKG, and ability to deliver Dolby Atmos® immersive audio for a life-like experience.
Pricing and availability [UK]
The Galaxy Note9 is available to pre-order now and will be available to purchase from the 24th August in the UK in Midnight Black, Lavender Purple, with matching S Pen, and Ocean Blue with a Yellow S Pen.
- 128GB version: £899
- 512GB verison: £1,099