Just One Week Left to Enter 2018 Sony World Photography Awards
Photographers have until 1 pm on Thursday, January 4, 2018, to submit their best individual photographs into any of the following competitions for the Sony World Photography Awards:
Image Name: Gas station. Photographer Name: Chul-ui Song. November 2017 in ICELAND I accidentally found a gas station in the middle of driving in the snow for over four hours.
- Open: Best single image across ten diverse categories including architecture, still life, street photography, travel and wildlife.
- Youth: Best single image by any photographer aged 12-19 answering the brief “My Environment”
- National Award: Best single image by a local photographer in more than 60 countries
Pedro Jarque Krebs. Image Name: Watch your back. Photographer Name: Pedro Jarque Krebs. Curious red flamingo. Copyright: © Pedro Jarque Krebs.
The Awards’ Professional competition, for best photography series, is open for entries until 13.00 GMT on Thursday, January 11, 2018. Details about the 2018 Professional jury can be seen here.
Image Name: Colorful Umbrellas. Photographer Name: Makoto Nishikura. Image Description: My idea was good contrast of colorful umbrellas and black-and-white stripe image. I took this photo in rainy day of June 13th 2017 from the top of a building in Ginza Tokyo looking down the crossing.
Copyright: © Makoto Nishikura, Japan.
Prizes & Exhibition
- $25,000 [USD] for the Photographer of the Year.
- $5,000 [USD] for the overall Open competition winner.
- Professional, Open, Youth, National Award and Student Focus category winners will receive the latest Sony Digital Imaging equipment.
- Professional category winners are flown to London to attend the Sony World Photography Awards dinner on Thursday April 19, 2018.
- All winning and shortlisted images will be included in the 2018 Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London from April 20 – May 6, 2018.
All entries to the Awards are free HERE