Just One Week Left to Enter 2018 Sony World Photography Awards
Photographers have until 1 pm on Thursday, January 4, 2018, to submit their best individual photographs into any of the following competitions for the Sony World Photography Awards:
Image Name: Gas station. Photographer Name: Chul-ui Song. November 2017 in ICELAND I accidentally found a gas station in the middle of driving in the snow for over four hours.
- Open: Best single image across ten diverse categories including architecture, still life, street photography, travel and wildlife.
- Youth: Best single image by any photographer aged 12-19 answering the brief “My Environment”
- National Award: Best single image by a local photographer in more than 60 countries
Pedro Jarque Krebs. Image Name: Watch your back. Photographer Name: Pedro Jarque Krebs. Curious red flamingo. Copyright: © Pedro Jarque Krebs.
Image Name: Colorful Umbrellas. Photographer Name: Makoto Nishikura. Image Description: My idea was good contrast of colorful umbrellas and black-and-white stripe image. I took this photo in rainy day of June 13th 2017 from the top of a building in Ginza Tokyo looking down the crossing.
Copyright: © Makoto Nishikura, Japan.
Prizes & Exhibition
- $25,000 [USD] for the Photographer of the Year.
- $5,000 [USD] for the overall Open competition winner.
- Professional, Open, Youth, National Award and Student Focus category winners will receive the latest Sony Digital Imaging equipment.
- Professional category winners are flown to London to attend the Sony World Photography Awards dinner on Thursday April 19, 2018.
- All winning and shortlisted images will be included in the 2018 Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London from April 20 – May 6, 2018.
All entries to the Awards are free HERE