DJI Osmo Mobile: 3 Axis Stabiliser for Smartphone
For those who know, DJI are much better known as a maker of drones. In fact, they are global market leaders by some considerable way. Perhaps in part, and attempt to keep that market share, and perhaps also a company with a keen eye on how best to exploit their technology and developments, they have just launched the Osmo Mobile
Now, we have seen a DJI Osmo before, but the original incarnation came with its own camera on board and was quite a costly piece of kit. It also required the user to use a smartphone too – but only as a monitor.
This new (and exciting) version allows connectivity between the two devices via Bluetooth and uses the phone’s camera, instead its own. In short, the new Osmo offers greater versatility and perhaps more importantly to most, brings the price down!
So finally, a serious piece of gear for shooting silky smooth videos with your smartphone! It comes loaded with lots of clever features like face-tracking, which is great for those ‘walking down the streets vlogging’ sequences. Other features available via DJI’s Go app are time lapse, panorama and long exposure images, and can stream live to YouTube. We at PhotoBite can’t wait to get our hands on this one for a trial.
Key features of the Osmo Mobile include:
- Three-axis stabilization
- Intelligent SmoothTrack
- User-friendly DJI GO App with powerful functions (including ActiveTrack, Motion Time lapse, Live Stream, Panorama, Long Exposure, Camera Settings)
- Trigger control (double-tap for re-center, triple-tap to change between front and rear-end camera, long press for locking gimbal direction)
- Different operation modes (Standard, Portrait, Flashlight and Underslung)
- Bluetooth connection
- 5 mm Charging/Upgrade Port
- Compatible with DJI Osmo accessories
The Osmo Mobile comes in at £289 and is available now! See the image below for what comes in the box.
Watch DJI’s promo video for the Osmo Mobile below: