DJI OM 4 Smartphone Stabiliser Revealed
DJI has revealed its latest handheld stabilisation device for smartphone shooters, the DJI OM 4.
A premium stabiliser, as you’d expect from the market leader, the rebranded update from DJI follows on from the successful Osmo Mobile range and boasts a new ‘quick-snap’ magnetic attachment system, along with [we’re told] simple-to-use operation, upgraded motors, new creative capture modes and portable 3-axis folding design.
Fully charged, the new DJI OM 4 gives a powerful 15 hours of battery life. In fact, it has so much juice, DJI is suggesting that it can be used as a portable charger to power other devices. DJI tells us that it’s compatible with the vast majority of current smartphones and, with its upgraded motors, can now support more weight than its predecessors. We will be reviewing this new device from DJI, so keep eyes peeled/subscribe to our YouTube channel and hit the bell for notifications.
Paul Pan, Senior Product Line Manager at DJI, told us: “As the DJI OM smartphone stabilisers have evolved over the years, every iteration has made it easier for anyone to add rock-solid stabilisation to their photos and videos. With its new magnetic attachment and folding design, the DJI OM 4again goes farther so anyone, no matter their experience with gimbals, can pick it up and make content that pulls in the viewer. As people around the globe now rely on their smartphones to navigate the new work-from-home world, stay connected with loved ones and showcase their lives, the DJI OM 4is our phone’s companion we need to make it fun, smooth and magnetic.”
Magnetic Attachment System
One of the biggest eye-openers with the DJI OM 4 is the new magnetic attachment system that promises to make it simpler than ever to attach and balance a smartphone to the DJI OM 4. Two new options make it simple to attachment and detachment your phone to the new gimbal. A lightweight metal clamp connects to the back of your smartphone and can stay fixed to it for ongoing use. A second option removes the balancing step by sticking a magnetic mount with ring holder onto the back of your smartphone allowing snapping onto DJI OM4 even more straightforward. The design gives access and control to the DJI OM 4’s essential features and functions with a single hand.
DJI Mimo app
Pair the DJI OM 4 with the DJI Mimo app and it’s much simpler to create decent-quality content with pre-programmed modes and professional-grade features. These include:
- ActiveTrack 3.0: Select a subject for the DJI OM 4 to automatically track and let the gimbal do the work for you. Newly updated, the mode promises improved distinction between subjects such as adults, children, and pets. Framing during ActiveTrack can now be adjusted by using the dedicated joystick for enhanced control
- Gesture Control: Start and stop video recording or take photos by using hand gestures to control the DJI OM 4, perfect for capturing epic selfies or group footage without a self-timer
- Pre-programmed Movements and Modes: Take advantage of unique gimbal movements and high-grade image modes that will make pro-grade footage
- DynamicZoom: A visually appealing cinematic look, the DJI OM 4 automatically adjusts the zoom function to create the dramatic background shift made popular by Alfred Hitchcock
- Timelapse, Motionlapse, Hyperlapse: Show the passing of time in a sped-up form using TimeLapse; Motionlapse, which adds set movement points for the gimbal; or HyperLapse to physically move with the gimbal. All three modes use Electronic Image Stabilisation [EIS] technology as well as the 3-axis gimbal for an added level of smoothness. Easily share these creative videos on social media for the world to enjoy
- Slow-motion: Um… self-explanatory
- Sport Mode: The DJI OM 4 will respond and follow subjects and movements more quickly to add a level of energy to the scene
- Panoramas: Choose from three creative panorama options to capture a wider perspective including 3X3 panorama, 240°panorama and a new ‘CloneMe’ panorama which allows the user to add multiple versions of a person or subject into one shot for a creative effect
- Spin Shot Gimbal Movement: Activated in the DJI Mimo app and using the joystick, the gimbal will rotate the phone to give a spinning effect
- Story ModeTemplates: Choose from one of the preset templates to add a creative spin to your content. The DJI OM 4 uses preset movements, music and colour palates for quick videos perfect for sharing on social media
DJI Care Refresh
DJI Care Refresh is a comprehensive protection plan for DJI products and is available for the new DJI OM 4. For a small additional charge, DJI Care Refresh will replace 2 units in 1 year, covering accidents like water and impact damage. The 2-Year plan provides 3 replacement units in 2 years.
Other exclusive services of DJI Care Refresh include International Warranty Service, VIP phone service and free shipping. For a full list of details, tape HERE.
Pricing and Availability
The new DJI OM 4 is available to buy from today from the DJI Store and will cost just £139. This price includes a magnetic ring holder, carrying case, magnetic clamp, tripod, wrist strap and carrying case.
For more information, head to the DJI website