Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 2x Teleconverter MC-20 Lands & Firmware Update 3.0 for OM-D Cameras
Olympus has announced the arrival of the new 2x Teleconverter, which was unveiled in January of this year, and has also revealed firmware updates for their pro OM-D cameras.
The new M.Zuiko Digital 2x Teleconverter MC-20 essentially doubles the focal length of the master lens and promises great portability as well as Olympus’ trusted weather sealing throughout.
It can be attached to the M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm F4.0 IS PRO along with the ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO lenses and will also fit with the ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO lens, which is currently in development. Its 9-element, 4-group lens construction serves to overcome various types of aberrations while preserving the optical performance of the master lens.
The design of the new converter also helps to limit ghosting and flare and just as you’d expect with every other M.Zuiko PRO lens and all professional OM-D bodies, the MC-20 is dust-splash-and-freezeproof!
M.Zuiko Digital 2x Teleconverter MC-20 Key Features:
- Doubles focal length of the master lens while maintaining imaging performance
- Dust-, splash- and freezeproof
- Sophisticated construction with 9 lens elements in 4 groups
- Compatible lenses: M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm F4.0 IS PRO
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO [planne for 2020]
- Max. Ø 59.8 mm x l 25.9 mm [excludes the lens and mount protrusions]
- Weight: 150 g
Firmware Update Version 3.0
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II firmware upgrade, [Version 3.0] includes significant improvements to the camera’s autofocus offering. It also promises to improve image quality and unlocks new video features to boot. This, along with updates to the E-M1X and the Olympus Workspace image editing software.
OM-D E-M1 Mark II Firmware Update Version 3.0 Main Improvements:
- Highly advanced AF algorithm from the E-M1X has been added to the E-M1 Mark II
- Latest AF features such as C-AF Center Priority, Group 25-point, and C-AF + MF added
- AF low light limit -6EV supported when an F1.2 lens is attached
- Noise at high ISO sensitivity is improved approx. 1/3 steps compared to the previous firmware
- Low ISO Processing [Detail Priority] added for higher resolution
- Support for Olympus Workspace new USB RAW Data Edit
Pricing and availability
The new 2x Teleconverter will be available soon, in fact from early July and will come in at £399.99 [RRP].
So far as the new OM-D E-M1 Mark II firmware updates, [Version 3.0] are concerned, they are available for download now! Head to the dedicated web page to download now.