Nikon Announces the 20mm f1.8 S & the 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR
Continuing to push its line of Z-mount lenses, Nikon has announced two lenses. Coming out with a prime and zoom Nikon set to offer something for both parties with the 20mm f1.8 & 24-200 F4-6.3. So between these two lenses, which one are you most likely to put in your camera bag? Well, let’s take a look at them first.
NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S
The NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S extends the Nikon Z line-up of high-performance S-line f/1.8 lenses. This, ultra-wide 20 mm prime lens makes for a superb choice for wide-angle photography. Advanced optics, the wide Z mount, and the f/1.8 rounded 9-blade aperture enable fantastic performance in any light. Sharpness is superb edge to edge, and incredible at close distances thanks to a minimum focus distance of just 0.20 m. ED glass and Nikon’s anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat combat ghosting and flare—no matter the setting.
- Fast f/1.8 ultra-wide-angle mirrorless lens. Phenomenally sharp from edge to edge and brilliant in low light
- Sharpness is superb—and exceptional at close distances. A minimum focus distance of just 0.20 m puts photographers in control of the frame, from close-up to infinity
- Advanced optical design enables exquisite starbursts and natural-looking bokeh
- ED glass and aspherical lens elements correct chromatic aberrations, and Nikon’s anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat combats ghosting and flare
- Focusing is fast, smooth, and quiet. Focus breathing is all but eliminated making it ideal for video users
“These new NIKKOR lenses add yet more popular focal lengths to the Nikon Z system. Whether shooting stills or video, in tight spaces or out in nature, image makers now have even more opportunities to respond to their situation with the creative tools they need.”Robert Harmon, Interim Head of Commercial Planning at Nikon UK
NIKKOR Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR
The NIKKOR Z 24–200mm f/4–6.3 VR joins the Nikon Z family as the perfect travel companion with which to capture richly detailed stills and movies. As one of the most compact telephoto zooms available today, it easily fits into smaller kit bags. The large Z mount allows for a unique design that places larger lens elements to the rear—enabling improved balance and handling. The optical design ensures sharp images with great colour and deep contrast, whether shooting wide or telephoto. Video shooters can capture beautiful full-frame video footage thanks to advanced NIKKOR optics that make the most of their Nikon Z camera’s superb image quality.
- Full-frame mirrorless lens with 24–200 mm wide-angle to telephoto zoom range
- Weighs just 570 g and easily fits into smaller kit bags. The zoom-lock switch keeps the lens fully retracted when it’s stowed in a bag
- The minimum focus distance of just 0.5 m at 24 mm, and 0.7 m at 200 mm
- Autofocus is whisper-quiet. Focus breathing is reduced, as is focus-shift while zooming
- Aspherical ED glass and aspherical lens elements ensure minimal distortion throughout the zoom range. Nikon’s ARNEO coat combats ghosting and flares for clearer images
- Dust and drip-resistant. The lens is sealed to protect from dust and moisture. A fluorine coat effectively repels dust and dirt, without compromising image quality
Pricing and Availability
The 20mm F1.8 S will be available from the 19th of March 2020. RRP is set at £1,049 [€1.299].
The 24-200mm F4-6.3 will be available from the 16th of March. RRP is set £849 [€1,049].