New Range of Benro Rhino Tripod Kits Revealed with All-New VX Ball Heads
Benro’s latest revelation, the ‘Rhino’, range of tripods, are available in kits, bundled with their new VX ball heads. In total, the new range features four models. Read on for more info.
The new Benro range promises something for photographers practising in all manner of disciplines, be that travelling, landscape or even studio-based. The smallest of the new family weighs only 1.2kg and gives an impressive maximum capacity that’s nearly 10x that, [10kg] and measures a tiny 35cm when folded down. On the other end of the scale, the biggest will reach over 170cm when fully extended and promises to take a maximum payload of 20kg! This should be plenty of capacity for even the bulkiest of camera systems, even when paired with accessories for studio & video shoots.
Benro tells us that the new Rhino range has been ‘designed for the most prolific and discerning photographers, for whom even the smallest design elements can have a big impact.’ Loaded with features that lift the new range to the top of the brand’s tree in terms of engineering pedigree. Including:
- Significant reduction of overall weight with no loss of quality or performance
- New braided carbon fibre tube design allowing for improved weight capacity, plus the ability to attach accessory arms to the main tripod casting via three 3/8” threads
- Auto-hold trigger making it easier than ever before to adjust tripod leg angles
- Lengthened centre column locking mechanism to improve locking strength
- Ergonomic grips to improve the operation of twist leg locks
- Three-step self-adaptive rubber feet to improve stability
The new models all employ familiar and cherished Benro design elements, such as reverse folding legs and easy conversion to monopod for versatility and, of course, value for money!
As mentioned on the way into this news piece, the Rhino tripod kits highlight three new Benro VX ball heads that are said to give users elegant, simple, lightweight design and with a feature-packed spec list, including:
- Streamlined, simplified design to reduce weight and create an efficient, high-performance head
- Dual panoramic function: both the base of the head and the camera release platform offer 360-degree pan movement
- Newly designed QR platform and Arca-compatible plate to reduce weight with no loss of performance
- Safety catch to prevent accidental plate removal
Mark Hoskins, Benro Brand Manager for Mac Group Europe told PhotoBite: “The Rhino tripods together with new VX ball heads have been long-awaited within the team. They represent the very best of Benro precision-engineering and we hope this will be reflected in their reception by photographers and videographers. Our aim with this range is to impress even the most particular users for whom even the slightest adjustments can mean a big impact. We hope they will be embraced by photographers whether out in the field or in the studio as a trusted, workhorse part of their every-day kit. We are incredibly proud of the time and effort that has gone into these new pieces and can’t wait for our customers to put them through their paces.”
Pricing and availability
The new Benro Rhino range is available now from Benro Authorised Stockists and will cost: FRHN05CVX20 £200 – FRHN14CVX20 £230 – FRHN24CVX25 £250 – FRHN34CVX30 £290