Lacie Announce New Portable SSD Drive in 500GB, 1TB and 2TB capacities
LaCie has released a brand new, LaCie Portable SSD. A new drive that’s designed for creatives on-the-go who want excellent performance and reliability.
- Maximum sequential read/write speeds of 540/500MB/s
- A three-year limited warranty
- Three-year Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Plan
- One complimentary month of the Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps plan
- 500GB, 1TB and 2TB capacities
- Drop resistance up to 2 metres
- Lighter than a pack of cards
- Slim enough to fit in your pocket
The new SSD from LaCie allows users to edit stacks of 4K compressed video and traverse multiple Adobe® applications at once. Mix and master. With up to 540MB/s sequential read/write speeds, the new drive means users can edit directly from the device, transferring an hour of footage in less than a single minute, using flash-accelerated speed.
USB-C is here and seems likely to stick around and LaCie Portable SSD embraces that with a
reversible USB-C cable—meaning there’s no wrong way to plug in. For
legacy devices, we hook you up with a USB 3.0 to USB-C cable.1
The 2TB version will take [up to] 65 hours of 4K 30fps compressed footage, 20K RAW images, or 200K JPEGs.
Pricing and availability
This new LaCie Portable SSD will be available in 2TB [£479.99], 1TB [£239.99], and 500GB [£109.99] capacities through LaCie resellers this month, [Nov 2018]. More information can be found on LaCie’s website.