CineStill 800Tungsten is a unique film for still photographers. This 800-speed tungsten-balanced colour negative film is prepared from the same motion picture film stock used by top cinematographers around the world.
Designed for difficult low light tungsten situations, it’s a great film for party animals and may be used in countless different lighting conditions to produce a variety of looks.
CineStill’s new and improved manufacturing process now extends the shelf life of the film, with less noticeable artefacts after expiration. The same advanced motion picture emulsion is safe to process in standard C-41 photo lab machines or at home. This emulsion is optimised for a hybrid workflow, ideal for scanning, and produces a complementary contrast curve for optical printing on RA-4 paper when processed in C-41 chemistry. Treat this film as a high speed 800 ISO film for C-41 processing and push process whenever needed up to 3200 ISO.
Recommended ISO and acceptable exposure for push processing:
- ISO 800 – No push – EI 200-1600
ISO 1250 – 1 stop push – EI 800-2000
ISO 1600 – 2 stop push – EI 1250-3200
ISO 3200 – 3 stop push – EI 1600-3200 [added contrast]
- Colour Balanced Tungsten colour negative motion picture film stock for use as still photography film
- Factory boxed and spooled into high-quality Dx-Coded Cartridges
- Remjet backing free, resulting in a unique halation effect
- Designed for difficult low light tungsten situations
- When shot in daylight, an 85 filter is recommended and/or shooting the film at 500 ISO
- Acceptable for push processing up to 3200 ISO
- Recommended to process C-41 without worrying about remjet